EFCC publishes arrest photos of ex-Power Minister, Saleh Mamman. By Ladidi Al-HassanĀ
EFCC publishes arrest photos of ex-Power Minister, Saleh Mamman.
By Ladidi Al-HassanĀ

Booking photographs of former Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman, have been released by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission after his arrest by EFCC operatives.

Mamman, who was recently convicted and sentenced by the Federal High Court for financial misappropriation, was apprehended in the early hours of Tuesday after weeks of close surveillance by the commission.
In the images circulated by the EFCC, the former minister is seen in handcuffs holding a booking board shortly after his arrest.
He is currently in the commissionās custody pending further legal proceedings.
Speaking during a press briefing at the EFCC headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday, the commissionās chairman, Ola Olukoyede, confirmed the development.
He disclosed that Mamman was arrested in Kaduna State alongside two individuals allegedly assisting him to evade arrest.
According to him, the property where the arrest was made is also under investigation.
āIām happy to announce to Nigerians that at about 3:30 a.m. this morning, we arrested Mr. Saleh Mamman,ā he said.
Last week, the Federal High Court in Abuja sentenced Mamman to 75 yearsā imprisonment in absentia after finding him guilty on 12 counts bordering on money laundering and a ā¦33.8 billion fraud scheme.
The diverted funds were linked to the Zungeru and Mambilla hydropower projects handled by the Ministry of Power during his tenure.
Olukoyede described the arrest as a strong indication of the Federal Government of Nigeriaās determination to fight corruption and recover looted public funds.
āThis is a test of the commitment of the Federal Government of Nigeria to the fight against corruption and to assure Nigerians that anyone who has dipped into government or national resources will not go unpunished,ā he said.
āThe eagle eye of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission will always catch up with you wherever you are hiding,ā the EFCC chairman added.
He further assured Nigerians that the commission remains resolute in pursuing corruption cases involving both public officials and private individuals.
āWe are working. There is no area we will not go into. We will not leave any area untouched just to ensure that we fulfil our mandate,ā Olukoyede stated.
āWe will uphold our mandate and ensure that everyone, whether private or public, is investigated and brought before the court,ā he said.

